Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hello!
    Please help me with solving of my problem.
    I started to use Pairwiser and it worked great with small amount of parameters.
    Now I have 22 parameters, most of them have 2-7 values, but 4 of them have more then 100 values.
    Tests are generated for more than hour and still aren’t finished.

Hi Alex!

Pairwiser can indeed handle your models, but it is a question of the size of the servers we are running on. Not many people run such large models (yet!) so the servers you ran on was not fast enough for a swift response to such a large model. (By the way, we will soon provide products which will run on larger servers. We will also put up a progress bar during test generation, so you can see the progress.)

Let me first see if I have found the correct model. Your model has, among other things, two parameters called “Include countries” and “Exclude countries”, each with a long list of countries?

This is an unusual way to set up a model for Pairwise testing. It will necessarily cause the number of tests to be very high. It will be 10 000 if not 100 000 tests.

Pairwise testing performs best with models with many parameters (even 10 000s) but with relatively few values each. (e.g. less than 10.) This will cause a few tests to cover a lot of interactions. With a few parameters and many values (such as in your model), each tests can only cover a few interactions, causing a large amount of tests and slow generation speeds.

I would be happy to look at you testing problem and assist you in setting it up! There are techniques that can be applied, such as equivalence classes, to make the testing problem perform well with pairwise testing. We can either discuss it here on the forums or just send me a mail on [email protected], and I will assist you in setting it up and making sure that you get your tests successfully generated, even if your models are very large.

I did run the test generation task submitted on 2015-06-29 12:24:53 (CET) on a larger server.

The result has 63 759 test cases and took 21 494 937 CPU ms to generate (approx 6 CPU hours). On a machine with 8 CPUs, this will take less than 1 hour and on a machine with 64 CPUs less than 10 minutes (probably).

Alex
    Participant

Thank you. I understood later, that it was a mistake to use such huge amount of parameter values)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.